JCDS Volunteer Opportunities
Jacksonville Country Day School offers two different ways that parent-volunteers can become more closely involved with and support the school.
Parents’ Association Events:
• Back to School BBQ - Assist with decorations, set up/clean up, sign-in, help manage activities
Event date: September 20, 2013
• Fall Carnival - Volunteers needed for committee work, managing activities, food sales set-up and clean up
Event date: October 25, 2013
• Gala & Auction - Assist with decorations, event planning, tuition raffle, silent auction and communications
Event date: April 12, 2014
• Spring Family Picnic - Assist with decorations, set-up/clean up, sign-in, help manage activities
Event date: April 25, 2014
• Teacher/Staff Appreciation - Assist with organization of events for teacher/staff appreciation
Event date: April 2014
• Book Fair - Assist with set-up, decorations and communications Event date(s): May 15-16, 2014
• Uniform Consignment Sale - Check-in uniforms, assist with sale organization, and sales
Event date: May 19-21, 2014
Year-round Volunteer opportunities:
• Homeroom Parents - Assist in your child’s classroom, organizing volunteers and help with teacher needs in the classroom throughout the year. Please volunteer to be a homeroom parent by August 5, 2013, due to planning needs.
• Library - Shelve library books, help with the book exchange, and assist with any activities and projects the library staff may need
• Yearbook - Assist with photos and content for yearbook
• Parent Ambassador - Contact and welcome new families to JCDS, help with planning and managing of new family events held at JCDS
• Lunchroom – assist in serving lunch to students and in keeping the lunchroom tidy
Parents’ Association Volunteer Sign Up: Click the link to sign up to help with the areas listed above.