Where to Begin
The admissions process at Jacksonville Country Day School is designed to match students with the mission of the school. The process includes a tour for parents, a school day visit for students in grades 1-6, and a student evaluation or testing. Our hope is that the process will help families, students, and the school make choices about the best placement to ensure success once students are enrolled.
Applications received by early provide the optimal chance for placement. Classes fill quickly. All other eligible candidates will be placed on a wait list and called as openings occur.
Admissions Evaluation Dates
Pre-K 4 and K: Saturday, February 1, 2014
Pre-K 3 and grades 1-6: Saturday, February 8, 2014
- Fill out the online Inquiry form. Then call the admissions office (904-641-6644 ext. 151) to schedule a tour.
- Fill out the online Application and send in the non-refundable $100 application fee and a copy of the applicant's birth certificate.
- Complete the parent questionnaire and return it to the Admissions office.
- Ensure applicant's current teacher completes the teacher recommendation form (Pre-K 3 - 1st grade or 2nd - 6th grade) and returns it directly to JCDS admissions office.
- Applicants for grades 1-6 must take the transcript request form to the applicant's current school office and have records sent to JCDS admissions office.
- Applicants for grades 2-6 must schedule a full day class visit at JCDS to take place during the month of January 2014. Call or email the admissions office to schedule a visit.
- If your child has previously been evaluated at JCDS, there is a $35 fee to continue the admissions process.